Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Racy Car!


I drove a racy car. Ok. So. Maybe it was like your dad bungeed his lawn mower motor to the back of your sled, but it was pretty fun.

When my father came up for a visit last weekend, we wanted to show him a good time. In addition to the traditional activities of a lovely weekend in Chicago - including the Art Institute, a ride down the Chicago river, brunch at the Signature Room, and a stroll through Millennium park - we drove up north to Buffalo Grove to have a little excitement on the track.

The go-charts at Chicago Indoor Racing are pretty intense. The carts have a top speed of 35 miles per hour. Additionally, you have to go through safety training (a short video designed to scare the crap out of you) and put on a fire suit and helmet.

Although I looked pretty rad in my fire suit, I was not the best on the track. I was not the best by far. But! Most importantly, I was not the worst (by one person). My husband and brother-in-law (who have been a number of times, for the record) both score in the 95th percentile of all people who have ever raced there... ever!

So to recap. It's best to let the slow racers drive home. Ann looks amazing in all head wear (side note: I am in search of a fabulous floppy hat, if anyone finds one). And, everyone should go! (Invite us... we're available!).


Share your latest weekend adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.

Mrs. Dub said...

I'll forgive you for being our town without stopping by because (1) you look great in a racing outfit and (2) I now have a good idea for what to do on D's next b-day.