Monday, June 23, 2008

Pancakes

One of my favorite people from my former job was in town this weekend. Yesterday, we met up in the city for my favorite meal... brunch.

Because she was the visitor, I told her to pick the place. The Bongo Room on Milwaukee it was. I have since found out that many of my cohorts know about this delectable establishment. What didn't I know about it? Brunch is my favorite meal. And, this was among the best I have ever had.

First thing to know. It's busy and you should be prepared to wait. But... only after about 10 a.m. I got there (very) early since I was already in the city dropping my weekend guests off at the train station. Hanging out at the local 'bucks, I realized this Buck Town comes alive post ten o'clock on Sunday mornings.

Second thing to know. There were four of us at the table. We all got different things and everything was amazing.

Third thing to know. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Let me say it again, just in case you missed it the first time. Stuff your face with Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Our table (of four) shared an order and then seriously fought the urge to order a second round. Get these. You will love them.

I am on a mission that we must all share our brunch knowledge with each other!

What's your favorite brunch hot spot? And, what should I order? (Note: I won't be going with you soon, because if you are on my frequent bruncher list, we are going to the Bongo Room!)

1 comment:

Win One for the Gipper said...

I love brunch at Cafe Lalo on the Upper West Side in Manhattan. It's a few blocks from my house. It feels/looks like what I suspect a Parisian brunch spot might look like. Apparently, from what I have been told, it is shown a lot in the movie You've Got Mail.

Forget Pinkberry, Ann. We're going to Cafe Lalo the next time you are in town.