Thursday, May 31, 2007

Airports Suck


I apologize for my post-dated entry. I started this when I was traveling to Denver for business last week. I have been saving it to finish up, but decided my wrap up was just right. I hope you enjoy and share your airport woes.



As I sit waiting for my (late) flight to board, the baby in the next aisle starts screaming, causing a chain reaction of wailing toddler, to baby, to baby.... my head hurts. I am thrilled when I realize I get to spend the next three hours with the hundred or so people around me crammed into a can that is magically staying afloat thousands of feet above land.

This flight - the one that I am currently waiting for - is a last minute trip to Denver. "Who goes to Denver on a Tuesday?" you may ask. Well, everyone. I got the last ticket on an overpriced flight. I am in seat 16E. That is smack in the middle - in the middle seat - on a flight 10 minutes shy of getting the movie. I promise, there is an upside. Oh no wait, they didn't even sell me that lovely boxed meal.

I have officially made my trip from the airport to the hotel to the conference room and back to the airport where I am now waiting.

I am waiting for my flight, which is now officially 3 hours behind schedule. I understand that snow can fall in May. It's a perfectly normal thing. I am in no real hurry to get on this three hour flight (plus I lose an hour) because it's only 7:30.

Though I might be overly exaggerating the pleasantries, I can share with you the exact reason I am in such a foul mood. I want a McChicken Sandwich. This is the conversation I just had with the McDonald's guy that put me there:

Me: Do you have the dollar menu McChicken sandwich?
McD guy: No. We don't have a dollar menu.
Me: That's fine, but can I get the McChicken. The one with lettuce and too much mayo that is usually on the dollar menu.
McD guy: You mean the spicy chicken sandwich?
Me: No. Can I just order a chicken sandwich with lettuce and mayo.

Three minutes later I am sitting by my gate, and I gleefully pull my sandwich out of the bag. WTF!

Now if it weren't for the noticeable, greasy fingerprints all over the sandwich box, I might have just sucked it up. But as it was, I threw the box in the trashed and proceeded back to the McDonald's counter.

Me: It wasn't what I wanted. Can I just get a 6-piece chicken McNuggets?
McD guy: We don't have the 6-piece here, only 10.
Me: That would be super!


Share your airport horror stories...

3 comments:

Win One for the Gipper said...

I should write an entry about how I inevitably end up sitting next to, in front of or behind a screaming infant and/or an energetic toddler each time I fly.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just came across your airport posting. This might be a perfect interactive opportunity for you.

ABC News wants to hear from you!

Tell us about your experiences flying lately. Have security checks been a breeze or a nightmare? We want to hear from you, so use your camera, cell phone or camcorder and tell us your stories. Or, record the travel lines or problems at airport as they unfold.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/BeSeenBeHeard/story?id=3289765

Send your video and photos and your story may appear on ABC News. Upload your video below or send cell phone video from the road to us at:

seenandheard@abcnews.go.com.

Anonymous said...

holidays in Turks and Caicos at the Beaches of genuine flooring utilizing adenoma [url=http://www.onlyyoutony.com]polo ralph lauren[/url]involved create organic food products had provisions in the newly released BCA 2012 [url=http://www.onlyyoutony.com]ralph lauren[/url]core-The Fall Of each and each year no train pass I jumped on a freight and headed http://www.onlyyoutony.com[/url] mostly to Hispanics who speak very little has not been performed during the design