Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Leaving town

Tonight I am packing for my final NY trip of the year. I enjoy the tradeshows, and I am very lucky to work with a group of people I enjoy spending nine, 12-hour days with; but we are all feeling a little overwhelmed with this trip.

Not only is there a lot going on IN the office (for those of you who don't know we are launching Dunder Mifflin Infinity and I'm on the party planning committee), but there's a lot coming up all over the place.

My manager, and tradeshow compatriot, is getting married the weekend after the show. Yeah, she's got balls (slash crazy). This not only means she is leaving me a little early this show (which, in case she reads this and feels guilty, SHE SHOULD), but she is also leaving me in charge for the two weeks following the show during her honeymoon.

Our darling second cousin (though, I still think Aunt Annie sounds the best) is due the first week of the month. This, of course, means I will be preparing ample meals upon my return, so I can barter for baby time. (note: please no baby until August 22. Then, go for it!)

We close on our house in late September and still have finalized paint colors. What do you think... Nantucket Fog or Blue Arrow for the guest room?

And, I want to take a nap.

3 comments:

Angela and David said...

As much as I want this kid out of me, I'll try to hold off until at least Aug. 22.

Mrs. Dub said...

I'm always happy to help make meals in exchange for baby time ... even for people I don't technically know.

skid said...

Auntie Annie? You want to be the pretzel vendor in the mall?