Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I can't spell


I can't spell.


And, just incase you need a little more evidence, I will not run spell check once I have finished this entry.

It all started with a little program called "Write to Read." When I was in kindergarden, my district decided to try a new program that taught pheneticly. It makes perfect sense... spell by sounding things out. Perhaps not. Here is a sample of my fine work.



Click on the picture and sound it out. Extra points to the first person who gets it right.

I'm not the only one in the family with this problem. My grandmother - the smartest women I've ever known - almost finished her PhD. She took all of the classes, finished all of her requirements, except one. She was such a poor writer that she didn't want to finish her disertation. My cousin is a worse speller than I am. Perhaps it is genetic.

The real kicker is that for a living I am a communicator. Now, as an adult, my best friend is F7.

3 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

something about having lice.

that's all i got.

thank goodness for spell check, eh?

skid said...

i got it. i am ultlimate translation.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ann!! I remember those! Mine are pretty bad too.