Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Cat Lady

Mike and I are leaving for vacation on Friday afternoon. We are heading to the Georgia coast for a week. It's our first real vacation in over three years. We have taken lots of weekend trips, but we are ready to get away!

One of the last details I needed to iron out was cat care. I know saying that out loud makes me sound like a crazy cat lady. But, let's be honest, you all think I'm a crazy cat lady already. You (well, some of you) are just too nice to say it to my face.

Vacation pet care is big business around here. We found a service online that seemed reputable, and met with the catsitter (?) tonight. She provided references and a brochure about her care. She also sent over paper work for new customers. The form is three pages long and includes questions such as "Is there something that will bring your cat out of hiding (the sound of the can opener or treat jar, for example)."

Not only will she feed the cats, she also scoops the litter, brings in our mail, waters our plants and makes sure the house is ok. That's $15 (per visit) well spent!