Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's a steal!


Our offer was accepted! That means - baring any unforeseen inspection finds - we will be moving into our new home this fall.

The picture above is the front of our new abode. Remember, I like a good project - so there is much to be done. (Starting with that hideous awning.)

Sparing everyone the pain that follows the announcement of housing costs in the greater Chicago area, I will say that we got a bargain. It has been on the market for over a year, but we are getting it for $119,000 less than the original asking price. (That's more than my mom's house sold for people!)

And, I call that a steal!

Now I have to get back to amassing paperwork for the bank.

5 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

Hooray! It is unbelievably cute, and I will live vicariously through every paint job and refinishing you do.

Can't wait to see it in person. (I'll even forgive you for not moving closer to us!)

Win One for the Gipper said...

Which neighborhood? Wilmette?

ANN said...

Quick note... it's about 2 miles due west of where we currently live in Glenview.

Angela and David said...

Congrats! Will you try the shower that is in the kitchen before you remodel it?

Hirsch Family said...

Congrats! It looks like a cute place (and will be gorgeous by the time you two are done with it!) happy remodeling!