Tuesday, May 8, 2007

THAT woman




When I was younger, I remember thinking "I wish I were a boy, it's a lot easier." Years later, I find myself thinking the same thing. Do you know why..... because of other non-boys.


What is it with
THAT woman?!



You know who she is.
She cuts you off in the parking lot and then gives you a dirty look.
She gets jealous that you are your husband are happy.
She makes up things about people at work.
She is not nice to be around.
She is not nice.
And, one of her is everywhere.

In High School this was always the girl with too much black eyeliner that always had something bad to say about everyone. In college, it was the person who was notorious for stealing boyfriends. Now, as an "adult" she could be your boss or your coworker. (She could be both.)

When I run into one of her. I first try to be nice. Then, once I feel wounded, I get upset. Usually, this progresses to anger and a moderate level of her-bashing. At which point, I feel like I am just as bad and start to question if it is just me. I top it all off with a short whinefest and a bowl of ice cream. (My husband says there is a squeasel in my brain!)

It is a bad day when you get stuck in stage three: bashing. Past down through generations, this is what we women are best at.

In honor of this post, I am proclaiming that I will be a nicer more welcoming person for at least one week. I will learn from others. And, if that too fails, I will share all of my juicy stories about her next week!


To make sure I still get my fix, share your woes about THAT women or advice for dealing with her.


1 comment:

Mrs. Dub said...

THAT woman always bring out the worst in me - cattiness, gossiping, etc. And somehow I justify it because she's so much worse at those things than I am.

And then I wonder, "Am I THAT woman?"